I’m going out of town today, on my way to Bloggy Conference 2014 at Cedar Point, in Sandusky, Ohio. Since it’s at an amusement park, I decided to drag the hubs and the kid with me, for some weekend fun. If you’re on Twitter, be sure to follow the hashtag #BloggyCon14 to get in on all the fun.
Since I’ll be traveling this weekend, thought I’d share some links to keep you entertained.
In this super-busy world, I crave simplicity. When my days are chaotic, I feel off balance. Courtney Carver over at Be More with Less talks about 3 Ways to Streamline for Simpler Days.
I’ve been feeling overwhelmed lately. This post really spoke to me: 31 Days to Feeling Physically and Emotionally Lighter.
Another one from Paul Jarvis that I love… More Doing, Less Promoting: The Key to Creating Great Work.
Got any interesting reads to share?
Hello, friends. Long time, no blog.
It’s been a super-busy few weeks, in the Glenn household: I started a new job, my lovely mother in law came for a visit, and the kid and I attended a weekend-long family reunion. Needless to say, blogging kind of fell by the wayside. Luckily, things are slowing down a bit, so I’m hopeful that I’ll be back to blogging on a regular basis, soon.
In the meantime, here’s what’s been going on:
New Job: Getting acclimated to a new job is tough, time consuming and very rewarding. As I said, few weeks ago I started a new job as PR and marketing manager at an area hospital. For me, it was a bit like coming home, as I worked for a sister hospital several years ago. The saying, “you can’t go home again,” is for me, thankfully, a not true. I’m so glad to be here, and am having a wonderful time learning the ropes again.
Relatives Visiting: The hubster‘s mom came to visit for a couple of weeks. It was so good to see her, and even better to see how happy it made my husband to have her staying with us during her visit. Unfortunately, because of aforementioned new job, I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with her (or take any pictures).
Family Reunion: Every year, my extended family (on my mother’s side) has a three-day family reunion. This year was the 67th occurrence. Most years, the location varies, and this year it was here. I always love this time of year, because it means I get to see family I haven’t seen in a while, meet new family members, and spend time with my local family as well. And while being the host city means more work for us, it’s so worth it.
Now that things are getting back to normal, I excited to get back to posting here on The Mom with Moxie, as well as catching up on my blog reading.
I have a ton of post ideas and research done, and I can’t wait to share it with you. See you all real soon!
My most favorite thing about blogging, is the friends I’ve made. One such friend, Lauren from Mrs. Weber’s Neighborhood asked me if I would attend an event and write a review for her blog. Of course, I said yes.
A week ago, the kid, the hubs and I headed to the LEGO KidsFest. We had such an awesome time. There was something for everyone, even if you aren’t a LEGO fan.
Head over to Mrs. Weber’s Neighorhood to read all about it.
I rarely post deals, on The Mom with Moxie, but this one is really good.
Vistaprint now has a special offer, where all products are 30% off.
There are tons of other deals, on Vistaprint, as well. There are free business cards and rubber stamps – plus photo Christmas cards and regular Christmas cards, at a deeply discounted price.
If you’re thinking about sending personalized cards, this holiday season, this is an excellent option.
But, you’d better hurry! Not only is Christmas around the corner, but the sale expires November 29th.
So, while I won’t be doing any shopping, on Friday, I will be doing some, on Monday (aka Cyber Monday).
To prepare for my shopping “trip,” I’ve been hanging out, on Become.com, a Website that allows you to search products, and compare shopping sites. It’s comparison shopping, right at your finger tips.
There are also different “departments,” like you’d find at a brick and mortar store.
So, if you’re planning on sleeping in, on Friday, and saving all your shopping for Monday… do your Christmas budgets a favor, and compare on Become.com, first.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Here’s a snippet of her post…
In early September, I stumbled on a blog after I saw several people tweeting that the author needed a lot of support.
Anna, from An Inch of Gray, had just lost her 12 year old son, Jack, during the floods in Virginia.Along with many others, I started following Anna’s blog. I can’t imagine how difficult these stories have been for her to write and share with us. Word after word, I kept wishing there was something we could do to help her and her family during this tragic time.
Two weeks ago, Anna shared a grocery list written by her 10 year old daughter, Margaret. As you can see, she asked for a few food items, a private concert with Justin Bieber, and for her brother Jack.
So, if you’re anything like me, I know you wondering what you can do to help. Look no further… here are a couple of things, Elena suggests, that you can do to possibly help make at least one of Margaret’s wish come true:
– Send a few tweets – Elena has even written them for you. All you have to do is copy & paste. (the bit.ly link goes directly to Anna’s grocery list post)
- Hey @JustinBieber – help put a smile on a young girls face after the tragic loss of her brother: http://j.mp/qhm5jN @JBLiftMargaret
- Hey @theellenshow can you help put a smile back on a 10yo’s face after the tragic loss of her brother. http://j.mp/qhm5jN @JBLiftMargaret
– If you’re not on Twitter, but are on Facebook… Write on Justin Bieber’s Facebook fan page and mention Anna’s post.
– If you’re a blogger, consider doing a post yourself. The more people who see and spread this message, the better
For more ideas, check out Elena’s post, at Mommy is in Timeout.
Like Elena, I have closed the comments to this post. I’d rather you use the time & energy to send a few tweets.
While there are only three of us, you’d be surprised at just how much health-related “stuff” we have. Especially with a four-year-old, in the mix.
And, with The Kid starting school in the fall, who knows what documents, records, or files I’ll be needing – to get him registered.
Well, guess what? There’s a mobile app that can help. And, it’s free!
Gazelle, from Quest Diagnostics, is an mobile app that lets you to see, store and share all your important health information – health anytime and anywhere.
Some of the awesome things you can do, with Gazelle, are:
- Manage your medical info
- Get and understand lab results
- Keep track of medications
- Organize provider information
You can download the app on your BlackBerry or iPhone. And, it’ll soon be available for the Android.
The AAA Great Vacations EXPO, is coming up, this weekend!
The Expo is being held in Columbus, Ohio, at the Veterans Memorial – from Friday, January 21 through Sunday, January 23.
The EXPO will offer many irresistible deals both far and close to home, including:
- Universal Orlando Resort: Save $50 off four-night or more Universal Parks & Resorts Vacation for travel by 8/31/11 (restrictions apply)
- Celebrity Cruises: $50 in on-board credit for all individual, seven-night or longer Caribbean and Alaska bookings; $100 in on-board credit for Europe bookings of nine nights or longer; plus, on-board value coupon book for up to $300 in savings with all bookings
- Coulter Lake Guest Ranch, Rifle, Colorado: One free youth summer vacation package with the purchase of at least one six-night adult summer vacation package (savings of $695-1,350 depending on the child’s age)
- Hocking Hills Cabins: Romantic Hot Tub Getaway for just $195, includes: one-night cabin rental, 30-min. couples massage, bed of roses, continental breakfast, fireside bundle, candles, robes for use during stay and romantic CD to take home (regularly $300)
- Ohio State Park Lodges: Save up to $40 off the Bed and Breakfast Package, including overnight in a standard or view double room and breakfast (available at select properties)
- Orlando World Center Marriott Resort: Stay three nights or longer and receive up to 25% off/night
- Travel Impressions: Receive $25 off a 6-night stay and $50 off an all-inclusive 6-night stay
…and many more!
The Expo also includes a “Kids’ Day”, on Saturday, January 22. Nickelodeon’s favorite bi-lingual, bi-cultural preschooler, Kai-Lan, will be a featured guest on, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m; when she’ll meet guests and pose for pictures with fans. Many other family activities will be available on Kid’s Day such as the Marmon Valley Farm Stick Horse Rodeo and “Passport for Prizes.”
Travel guru and national blogger Johnny Jet will bring his vast vacation knowledge and experiences to the EXPO Friday, January 21 at 5 p.m. and again on Saturday, January 22 at 11 a.m.
Don’t miss Samantha Brown, the inspiring and popular host of several programs on the Travel Channel. She will share her travel experiences with guests on Sunday, January 23, 2011, at Noon and 2:30 p.m.
If you’ll be in the Columbus area, this weekend, be sure to check it out!