- Fireworks should only be used, outdoors.
- Make sure there’s always an adult around.
- Always have water, either a hose or bucket, handy. You never know when you may need it.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Spectators should keep a safe distance from the “shooter.”
- Please don’t mix alcohol and fireworks. It’s best to have a “designated shooter.”
- Keep kids, 12 and under, away from the sparklers. They may seem “harmless,” but they’re not.
- Stay away, from the homemade fireworks. They could explode, and cause severe, or even terminal, injuries.
By following these guidelines, and employing some common sense, you should have wonderful;ysafe 4th of July!
Photo credit: SJ Photography/Flickr