Between meeting deadlines for work, caring for their children, spouse and home – we certainly have a lot on our plates. So much so, that at times, it feels like we’re tying to keep all the plates spinning at the same time. It even seems like we’re working two, three or even four jobs at once!
Some days are better than others, when you may feel like you have everything smoothly, and other days you may feel like nothing is going right.
But with careful preparation and scheduling, working moms can make your days – and nights – run a bit more seamlessly.
Here are a few tips, to help you out:
- Try not to bring your work home with you. Keeping evenings and weekends somewhat “work-free,” will give you time to get those household tasks done and spend some time with your family, rather it’s watching a movie, playing a game, or going to the park or library.
- Prepare meals ahead of time. You can freeze them, and use them for meals during the work week.
- Pack lunches and lay out clothing, the night before. That will make your mornings a little more stress-free.
- Put essential items (car keys, purse, briefcase, book bags, etc.) in the same place, every evening. You’ll be able to locate them easier, during the morning frenzy.
- Be consistent with the bedtime schedule and routine. That way, your children know that it’s almost bedtime.
As working moms, we may never find the formula for a perfect work-life balance, but with a little practice and consistency, things should definitely become a little easier.